Today’s blog post, which was planned months ago, seems remarkably fitting in light of recent events at the Center of Dental Professionals. If you haven’t had an appointment at our downtown office lately, or haven’t made the connection from stories in the media, then maybe this will help:
Thanks to our local fire department and their efforts to keep our building from going up in smoke, we are still here and open for business. We were closed for only one normal business day, and we apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused for our patients. Nevertheless, we are open again and ready to assist with your dental needs.
Because our building suffered some water damage, we do have some machines running to remove moisture from the air and crews working after hours, but nothing is hampering our ability to provide excellent care. Needless to say, we are all feeling very grateful to our local emergency services and happy that nothing worse happened. That is why this post, the top five reasons we love our community and our patients, is so relevant today.
1. The first reason we love our city and our patients is because even as we do our best to take care of them, they take care of us. The fire and the emergency services that responded on February 9th are a great example, but it’s more than just protection from disaster. We depend on all of you, and we appreciate you just as much as we appreciate the firemen. Without our patients, there wouldn’t have been a clinic to save from that fire, and without the countless other business and services in the community that we rely on, it would be impossible to offer the kind of care that we pride ourselves on.
2. Number two is diversity. We love Salt Lake City and the entire community here because it brings new perspectives, cultures, and enlightenment to our eyes. We have the privilege of serving people from a wide variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, and income levels. We accept patients with Medicaid, and go out of our way to provide interpreters for those who need them. We also have several staff members who can assist with Spanish speakers.
3. Third is the vibrant, healthy lifestyle that many Salt Lake City residents live. Utah is great place for the outdoors, and we are proud sports fans. In fact, we recently had our Represent your Sports Team day for our staff members to honor the 2014 Olympic athletes. Many of those athletes came from Utah! We know that your healthy lifestyle is likely to translate into good oral health, too, and that’s exactly what we want to see when you come in for your next check-up.
4. Utah’s family oriented culture is number four. We enjoy seeing family’s at our clinic, and have a team of dentists and staff that treat only kids (A Kid’s Place Dentistry), so that you can be sure they’ll get the best care possible. We know that visits to the dentists can be scary sometimes, and when necessary, we have facilities that can help with little ones who have an especially hard time coming in. A kid’s oral health is important, and we want to do everything we can to take care of our patients in a comfortable and relaxed environment. There’s no reason a child should be scared to come in to A Kid’s Place Dentistry for treatment.
5. Last, but not least, we love Utah’s passion for life. Whether it be snowboarding or the Sundance Film Festival in the winter, or the Fourth of July parade and camping in the summer, there is always something to experience and enjoy. Here at the Center of Dental Professionals, our staff enjoy a wide variety of hobbies like boating, soccer, hiking, artistic pursuits, etc. When we aren’t providing the best dental care in Utah, you can bet we’ll be out in the community, enjoying the same things you do.